Last updated: 15 July 2019 2019
This cookie notice provides you with information about how Reed Exhibitions uses "cookies", or, similar technologies, on our websites and applications and other services (each, a "Service") to enable us to understand how you interact with our products, to show personalised advertisements on our website and other websites, to improve your experience, and to allow you to use certain features, such as sharing content via social networks or other communications channels.
This notice also provides information about how third parties may use such technologies in association with the operation of our Services.
About this Cookie Notice
This cookie notice applies when you use any of our Services that refer or link to this notice. This notice may be supplemented by additional cookie notices, or terms provided on certain areas of the Service or during our interactions with you.
With the exception to the cookies that are set by third parties, Reed Exhibitions that owns or administers the Service, as identified therein, is the primary controller of your personal information provide to, or collected by or for, the Service.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a "session" cookie) or for repeat visits (using a "persistent" cookie).
The categories of cookies used on this website are as follows:
• Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies do not store any directly identifiable information. However, they are essential in order to enable you to move around the website. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for service, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognise registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features.
• Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make and your account preferences and to provide enhanced, more personal features. These are set by us or by our third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. For example, these cookies will remember your log-in details. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
• Performance cookies: These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to count visits and measure traffic, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They also help us to know which pages are the most and least popular, and see how visitors move around the site. This helps us to improve the way the website works and improve user experience. All information collected through these cookies will be processed in an aggregated and anonymous form. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you.
• 1st and 3rd Party Targeting Cookies: These cookies are set by us and our advertising partners to record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We, and our advertising partners, will use this information to make the website, and, the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you, but will limit the targeted advertising that you will see, or limit our ability to tailor the website experience to your needs.
• Social Media Cookies and Other Third Party Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to our websites that enable you to share our content with your colleagues, friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages that you see on other websites that you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use of see the social media sharing tools.
• Flash Cookies: These cookies are set to display video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they're managed differently by your browser.
• Tracking Technologies Including Pixels, Script, Web Beacons/Gifs, Page Tags: These files, or, code may be included, either directly or from our partners, on our website, in our emails, or, mobile apps to record how you interact with us, to help us better analyse and improve our services to you. They also help us understand whether you have visited a partner website, aiding us to provide more relevant advertising to you, as-well-as measuring the success of our advertising campaigns.
• Tracking Via Mobile Apps: When you use our mobile applications, we may record information unique to you that are associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within the App, and, your network location. This information is used to measure and improve the performance of our App, to help us to know elements are the most and least popular, and, see how visitors move around the App itself. This helps us to improve the way the App works and improve user experience.
You can prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites):
•Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
•Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
•Manage cookie settings in Firefox
•Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
•Manage cookie settings in Opera
For all other browsers, or, for alternative advice, help may be sought by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, or, via your device user manual, or, online help files. For information on how to opt-out of cookies set by our suppliers, please visit the applicable links in the schedule as mentioned under 3.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings (opens in a new window). Please note, disabling Flash cookies for Reed Exhibitions may affect the services that we can provide, such as videos.
Third Party Web Advertising Services
Please note: Clicking the links above will redirect you to the appropriate third party website. We are not responsible for the content of external websites. Opting out of Advertising Cookies will not remove advertising from the pages you visit; instead it means the ads you will see may not be matched to your interests.
We will update this cookie notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice through the Service or by other means.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests concerning this cookie notice or our processing of your information, please contact: Data Protection Officer, Reed Exhibitions, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN, United Kingdom, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where it applies, you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.